[OSM-talk-ie] North Dock area of Dublin

Donal Diamond donal.diamond at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:19:22 UTC 2016

North Dock A ED  etc are modern Electoral Districts (ED) which have
formally defined boundaries.

While historically there was a DED (old name for EDs) called 'North Dock',
what would you consider the modern 'North Dock' to be?

If it's another of those vague areas in Dublin like Dublin suburbs with no
defined boundaries, the area you're in depends on whether you ask a snob or
an estate agent.

If its a vague area I wouldn't use an admin area but rather a polygon with
place=suburb  and using the external ways of the North Dock A/B/C EDS.

place=suburb  "A part of a town or city with a well-known name and often a
distinct identity"