[OSM-talk-ie] Schools: UK experience

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sat Dec 17 18:56:29 UTC 2016

On 17/12/16 00:45, Dave Corley wrote:
> Those tools look great. I'm especially interested in the map roulette
> aspect as I see it being very useful in terms of us consuming government
> data,  in particular where there has been a lot of mapping done already
> i.e. Schools, Fire stations, libraries etc etc.

MapRoulette is definitively something I can see us using.

There used to be a web service http://poichecker.de/ designed for
"merging" an external data source into OSM. It's from the people who
make wheelmap. There's a short video from SoTM-EU 2014[1]. It's designed
for these "imports" where there is already some mapped data.

But it looks broken now and doesn't work. Shame

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQE1dLgGoM&t=29m51s