[OSM-talk-ie] Cork OOC paper maps and scans

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Sun Jun 12 16:35:37 UTC 2016

About 180 paper maps of Cork have been donated to us over the past year or
so, perhaps 160 are out of copyright. Blueprint Reprographics of Stillorgan
(phone 01-288 9398) kindly allowed me scan 76 of the 6 inch and other town
areas for OSM use.​

Trinity College map library have gladly taken about 15 to fill gaps in
their collection.

I have published an Excel sheet on one drive listing the maps sheet no.
scale, dates etc.

Link to Paper map list and map scan list

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=85B8D34D71603DA!1664&authkey=!ACWUE0hWSNGuetw&ithint=folder%2c

I ask any  mapper who would like to use a paper copy for mapping and to
then pass it on the Cork Library services for their local studies section,
to please let me me know in the next seven days.

I have also  put on one drive a screenshot of the list of sheets scanned
and can put any scans there as well and send a link to those who request
them for mapping to download them.

I have spoken to Cork Library Services for City and County, they are
delighted at the prospect of a donation and they have agreed to include
some OSM/T.ie links on their useful links pages in their local studies
section and to check that at least four of our links are accessible on all
Library PCs.

I will arrange to deliver the paper sheets to Cork after 21st June and can
leave paper sheets for mappers there for collection if that is helpful. (
They are of course available from me at Dublin as well).

As ever your early replies are welcome.