[OSM-talk-ie] Face2Face meetup for OSGeo

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 23:58:59 UTC 2016

As there is an obvious overlap of interests I just wanted to make you all
aware, the newly formed OSGeo chapter in Ireland is looking at having a
face to face meetup sometime during Apr/May.

Details for the meet are:

> We think that it should be informal, a couple of hours long, maybe include
> 5 minute flash presentations from participants so that everyone can see
> what people are interested in/currently doing/currently wanting to do in
> the OSGeo world.

> The initial goal we should be working towards is a one day OSGeo Ireland
> event (presentations, networking, invited speaker (maybe)) THIS YEAR. At
> the meetup we could also discuss the possibility of bringing something
> bigger such as FOSS4G 2017 Europe to Ireland.  FOSS4G 2017 Global is not
in
> Europe so there is an opportunity to reproduce FOSS4G 2015 Como here.

Dates are still being discussed so if anyone is interested in going, or in
OSGeo in general, join the mailing list here -
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/ireland

OSGeo website - http://www.osgeo.org/

Dave