[OSM-talk-ie] Video of "Community and Historical Mapping for All" talk

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Fri May 20 19:38:26 UTC 2016

Thanks Rory

I contacted the professional archivist (part time) for Offaly COCo, Offaly
Historical and the Earl of Rosse, who asked me give the talk when I showed
OSM while delivering OS maps to the Local Studies Library in the Council.
She has replied as below, so take a bow.. Anyone in a library I have shown
T.ie to has liked it and then when they see the direct links to the census,
they REALLY like it.

"Hi Brian
Good to hear from you. I have to say I find townlands.ie one of the most
useful websites for my line of work - I use it almost daily even if it's
just to check a list within a particular barony. Today I had to check for a
small parcel of land that the Earls of Rosse inherited in the 18th century
in  north offaly (they are south offaly) and located it instantly. So you
can pass on my praise to Rory.   Yes I must get some more Irish names on
the map - I might tackle that over the weekend.  I haven't yet heard from
your contact who is to collect the Westmeath maps - they are still safe
with me! "