[OSM-talk-ie] Out of copyright OS sheets of North Dublin on offer

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Sat Oct 8 17:55:08 UTC 2016

Hi all OSM mappers

I have on offer about 90 OS paper sheets mostly the 1936/37 revision. A
mixture of 1:1250 but some are 1:2500. At present they include from
Argillan in North Dublin south to a line from Howth to Clonee. Sheets 5 to
17 with some gaps.

Prior to our having access to the GSGS  maps scans from Trinity we had been
using some of these for townland work. I had been asking for donations and
these had come come a variety of Architects, Estate Agents and Valuers .

Time now to move these on and in recognition of the help from The Trinity
College Map Library, I have offered them first choice to fill any gaps on
their shelves and they have gratefully had some from this collection.

Would any mappers interested in having some of these sheets to keep for
their own use please contact me at OSMmapper brianh with their open email
address so I can let them have the list. Your replies before October 11th
would be helpful.

I will then offer the remainder of them to the mapping/Survey Dept in
Dublin City and County, the Dublin City Library and Archive in Pearse
Street as well as the local studires libraries in Fingal, South Dublin and
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown when they have all been indexed.

Later on sheets for further South in the County will be on offer.