[OSM-talk-ie] Choice of grid

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 25 17:40:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

Most of my experience is in transport.

Anything I've seen for use by the 'general public', like the Discovery series maps, seems to be Irish Grid. I suspect council town planning uses this also.

Anything for 'professional' use, like MapRoad (online road management and maintenance database / interface) used by councils, seems to be ITM. Note that IG and ITM don't translate directly.

Anything online seems to be digital degrees / GTFS.

>From a quick Google EPSG:29902/EPSG:29903 seem to be IG as used by OSi and OSNI.

Colm