[OSM-talk-ie] Splitting of CIvil Parishes?

Killyfole and District Development Association webmaster at killyfole.org.uk
Tue Feb 21 20:34:03 UTC 2017

I have actually found a few instances where placenamesni.org is actually
wrong!  Especially where there are two or more townlands of the same name, but
located in different Parishes, split townlands and townlands totally
encompassed in another parish.   I did try to get them to fix the data, but my
phone calls fell on deaf ears it seems.

Most of the issues in my area were easily resolved by speaking to locals and
the Parish map is a brilliant source now as well.

http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?
zoom=8&lat=53.55822&lon=-7.85303&layers=0000BFFFFF

KDDA