[OSM-talk-ie] OSM Ireland chapter - reboot

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:41:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Rounding back on this again. Between the responses on the mail list,
Facebook and previous surveys, the general consensus is to go ahead with
this.

Martin, sorry for not replying to you earlier, but I wanted to stay quiet
and see what others thought first. To your point, yes, its possible to do
everything I stated outside of a formal body, but given we are an informal
grouping of similarly minded folks for over a decade and organisational
interest/involvement is decreasing rather than increasing, I think its
necessary to do this if we are to ever become "more". Your comment about
there being a functioning group is bang on the money too. Right now I feel
there is such a thing, and the infrastructure is more or less in place ( we
are starting in a much better position than our UK counterparts).

That being said, after the original survey questions a year ago, the mail
list and facebook responses and some private feedback, I think, as usual,
the distance factor is the biggest hurdle. With that in mind I think its
best to change from a series of meetings on the subject, to a single one,
where several of us come together and blitz the main items:

- Constitution
- Memorandum of association
- Articles of association
- Interim board
- etc etc

What I looking to achieve is to get to a point where we are 90% of the way
there. Afterwards, everything achieved would be put up online for feedback,
comment and to close out any remaining items.

I'm hoping a single session of 5-6 hours should be good enough for this,
say from 12-5/6 on a Saturday. I'm hoping that by limiting this to a single
day, to get a much larger group to participate.

In order to keep things moving through the day, I'm going to try organise
some sponsorship of refreshments.

Would the Tog folks on this list know if Tog is available on a Saturday in
Oct? Say the 14th or 21st. If not, I'll try sort something else.

Once a date and location is set, I'll set up an invite page, just to be
able to track numbers attending in the event I get sponsorship for
refreshments.

Dave