[OSM-talk-ie] Changes happening to *.openstreetmap.ie resources over the coming nights

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:32:07 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

We're in the process of moving services operating as part of *.
openstreetmap.ie to a new server (so we can retire the old one).

 Here is a non-exhaustive list of what we're aware of:

   - Maps (maps.openstreetmap.ie)
   - Main map server (https://maps.openstreetmap.ie/)
      - Irish Language map server (https://maps.openstreetmap.ie/
      <https://maps.openstreetmap.ie/?zoom=7&lat=53.5&lon=-6&layers=00BFFFFFFF>
      )
      - Boundary map of Ireland (
      http://dev3.openstreetmap.ie/osm/slippymap.html
      <http://dev3.openstreetmap.ie/osm/slippymap.html?zoom=7&lat=53.5&lon=-6&layers=B00FFFFFFF>
      )
      - Historical Map Server - GSGS 3906 (
      http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?layers=B0000TFFFFF)
      - Historical Map Server - Bartholomew Quarter Inch to the mile (1:
      253440) 1940 (
      http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?layers=00B00FFFFF)
      - Historical Map Server - British War Office One Inch to the mile
      (1:63,360) 1941-43 - (GSGS 4136) (
      http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?0B000FFFFF)
      - Historical Map Server - L.J. Richards & Company Civil Parish and
      Barony Map of ireland (
      http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?layers=0000BFFTTFF)
   - Nominatim (nominatim.openstreetmap.ie)
   - Overpass
   - Overpass Turbo (overpass-turbo.openstreetmap.ie)
   - Planet (planet.openstreetmap.ie)
   - Taginfo (taginfo.openstreetmap.ie)
   - Tilservers (tile.openstreetmap.ie, *.tile.openstreetmap.ie)
   - IRCbot

planet.openstreetmap.ie was migrated in the past few hours (but may take
another few hours for DNS caches to refresh).

If you notice anything odd, please feel free to followup to this email,
shout on #osm-ie (OFTC IRC network) or email me direct. The main focus will
be on migration and any pre-existing issues will be addressed once the
migration is complete.

Kind regards

Donal