[OSM-talk-ie] Walking trails/cycling routes

Killyfole and District Development Association webmaster at killyfole.org.uk
Sun Apr 28 16:23:27 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I have done a lot of work on walking and cycling routes over the years, but I
am finding that they are constantly being vandalised, mainly by inexperienced
users not understanding the relations and removing/amending ways without also
fixing the relations.

I was wondering if there was a way to better educate new users in how
relations work and maybe setup a task group, who can monitor and make contact
with people vandalising data who don't realise it and talk them through what
they are doing wrong.  Maybe this could be automated to ping the IRC channel
when a relation is broken?

I'd also like help in fixing up the existing routes, for example the Ulster
Way, https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/918951 and I'm sure there are many
others throughout the country.

Kind regards,
KDDA