[OSM-talk-ie] Disabled parking spaces

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Tue Jul 2 11:09:17 UTC 2019

Following the discussion at the AGM meeting about open source data and
disabled parking spaces. I got an opensource (now out of date) list from
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown. I have in the course of various local journeys,
made a point to visit the spaces prior to adding them to the map.

Together, you and I, have now added over 150 in DLR see
overpass-turbo.eu/s/Kog.

If only they could have a map icon like the 'P with the bicycle' but with a
small wheelchair. Wouldn't life be so much easier for those who deserve
these spaces.

If you have influence or the knowledge of  how to, please encourage and
promote the inclusion of such an icon on the main map.

Here is the link to the DLR data, If convenient, please visit and add any
near you. Dalkey, Killiney and Shankill still very empty!

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/disabled_bay_database_august_2016_0.pdf

Thank you.