[OSM-talk-ie] Time-lapse video of map edits

Heikki Vesanto heikki.vesanto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:10:17 UTC 2019

Hi John,

Looks great! Good work.

Using the actual added dates is a bit trickier.

You need the full history extracts for that. Then you can loop through
it with osmium-tools essentially creating a snapshot. This can be done
for example with python.

I wrote a guide on it:
https://gisforthought.com/creating-openstreetmap-history-visualisations/

But the visualization part should work the same as you did here, with
QGIS and the time manager plugin.

-Heikki