[OSM-talk-ie] What are your 'must map' features?

Ken Guest kguest at php.net
Tue Sep 17 08:10:49 UTC 2019

my wife has a bad back - so I map speedbumps and general quality and
surface of the road (asphalt good, cobblestones & potholes bad).
we've dogs - so I map public bins, even down to whether they're
specifically for dog excrement.
oh and osmand has this nice feature where it displays a speed limit sign if
you're approaching a set threshold of the speed limit, so I add that too.

after that, it's whatever I spot that's not showing up on strava/osmand or
streetcomplete for the most part, and preferably nothing that requires me
to walk the exact curve of eg a footpath - for small little dogs our two
can pull hard enough to make gps tracks look like something off a
lie-detector test!

so to that end, missing buildings, opening hours (though I'm less bothered
about this than I had been - shops close and businesses change so much..),
various
amenities, whether a road is lit and so forth.

k.

http://about.me/kenguest/