[OSM-talk-ie] Talk-ie Digest, Vol 124, Issue 8

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:41:41 UTC 2019

Be careful with boundaries. Many of them are defined by what is on record
in the OSI and changes to the landscape (roads, rivers, etc) don't impact
the line of the boundary.

What should happen is that the official definition of the boundary gets
updated but that appears to be a non-trivial task.

For OpenStreetMap-ers, if it's obvious that the boundary is actually along
the center line of a road or a tree line and there have been no changes,
making corrections makes sense though.

Tread carefully…

Donal