[OSM-talk-ie] name=Ireland | Re: name=Éire / Ireland

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon Jun 8 11:05:32 UTC 2020

I think `name=Ireland` is best. For `name`, the most commonly used name
in the place for the thing is what it should be. And, whatever one
things /should be/ the most common name, I think we can all agree that
what /is/ the most common name is “Ireland”.

`int_name` is a silly tag. I haven't heard of a good definition of that
aside from “Name of the country in English”, which wronly prioritises
English. Why not `int_name=جزيرة أيرلندا`?