[OSM-talk-ie] name=Ireland | Re: name=Éire / Ireland

Thomas A. Montgomery montgota at fuse.net
Thu Jun 11 01:15:17 UTC 2020

You are all now serving a *global* community with your detailed GIS work.
We thank you for your detailed work.

But we historians and genealogists call the homeplace "Ireland."  Our
families’ immigration papers mostly list "Ireland" as the country of
origin.
 https://irelandxo.com/ireland-xo/history-and-genealogy/ancestor-database
 https://www.irishcenterofcincinnati.com/

Tom Montgomery, Fairfield, OH, USA