[OSM-talk-ie] brand=*

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:02:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

Over the last month I have been tidying up brand=* and associated name=* and operator=* tags, with 2,000-3,000 changes. It should make finding all (mapped) branches of a chain easier to find - no more Applegreen, AppleGreen, Apple Green, etc. brand:wikidata and brand:wikipedia have also be populated for lots of the entries.

However, I can't personally check every shop and petrol station in the country, so I would be grateful if people could keep an eye out on the following brands in particular?

  1.  Topaz - are these now all Circle K / Circle K Express?
  2.  Excol / ExCol - what have these rebranded to?
  3.  02 - are these now all some version of 3 / Three?
  4.  First Trust / First Trust Bank - are these now all AIB?
  5.  ACC Bank - no longer exists as a bank.
  6.  Irish Nationwide - no longer exists
  7.  National Irish Bank - should be Danske Bank.
  8.  Halfords - is this the same as Halfords Autocentre? Do they all do car parts and bikes?
  9.  There will also be other petrol stations and shops that don't have any name, brand or operator tagged.
  10. St. Vincent de Paul - this operates under different names for different functions. If anyone understand the details, could they contact me?

In the meantime, if anyone see any egregious errors, please let me know. :)

Colm