[OSM-talk-ie] opening_hours=sunrise-sunset | Re: How to tag gates to public parks that are only open during daylight hours

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Mar 5 06:38:50 UTC 2020

Hi Neil,

This sounds like an `opening_hours` tag on the gate, and as Dave
correctly points out, probably on the park as well (presuming that _all_
gates to the park are like this).

The opening_hours syntax is very powerful. You can put
`sunrise`/`dawn`/`dusk`/`sunset` instead of hours. There are currently
7,500 things in OSM with `opening_hours=sunrise-sunset`.

Rory