[OSM-talk-ie] Townlands.ie project

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:59:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

While this project is substantially complete, a few things arise. None of my comments below are criticism of any of the people who have contributed.

Some administrative areas have been broken and /or deleted. See examples below. If I find missing administrative areas could someone volunteer to add them?

The diagnostic page https://www.townlands.ie/progress/ is throwing up lots of issues, e.g. it looks for County Derry but the name in OSM is County Londonderry.

Some of the text on the Townlands.ie website is out of date, e.g. it refers to the project as being current.

The menu at the bottom doesn't seem to include all the main pages, e.g. https://www.townlands.ie/progress/

Colm

Dublin City
Mansion House B ED
Merchants Quay F ED
Rathmines East C ED

Fingal
Barberstown townland (between Blancharstown and Lucan).
Northwest corner EDs - Balscadden, Clonmethan, Garristown, Hollywood - only the 1901 versions exist.
Overlap between Kilsallaghan ED and The Ward ED.
Off-shore islands not in any townland.

DĂșn Laoghaire-Rathdown
Off-shore islands not in any townland.

South Dublin