[OSM-talk-ie] building:levels=*

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:35:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

There's a discussion at https://twitter.com/CiaranStaunton/status/1320505496105820163 on building:levels=* https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:levels which is used for marking the number of above-ground levels of a building.

There are about 3,000 entries on Ireland where the number isn't a whole number. Sometimes this may represent the likes of dormer buildings, which are sometimes described colloquially as and one-and-a-half-storey or two-and-a-half-storey houses. in other cases, it may have been used instead of height=*.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insights as to how people were interpreting the tag.

Colm

PS And yes, I mapped a bunch of zero-storey buildings. :)