[OSM-talk-ie] Letterkenny alignments (and Talk-ie archive search)

Tony Furnell tonyfurnell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 11:44:37 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is anyone aware of the alignment disparities in Letterkenny? Any time I
make edits around there it's a bit of a minefield as large amounts of it
appear to be to an alignment that must have been correct at some stage, but
is currently way off all aerial imagery. To confuse matters, various
sections of it have been moved to align with current imagery (I expect
because most of the approaching road network aligns with current imagery).
Not sure whether anyone else is already attempting to fix this one way or
another, so I don't really want to weigh in without some background - but
it makes mapping in the area very difficult. Suggestions welcome :-)

Related to this, I had hoped to search the talk-ie archives to see whether
this has already been discussed some time, but the archives (
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ie/) don't appear to be
searchable... is there a method that I'm missing?

Many thanks

--
Tony Furnell