[OSM-talk-ie] Coastline on tidal rivers

Dave Foley davefoley at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:17:54 UTC 2021

If we go off the wiki there is not a full consensus:

There are discussions about where the transition between the sea to a wide river (tagged with waterway<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:waterway>=riverbank<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank>) should occur; there is a view that this should ideally be at the top of the tidal section or the river, but it is also accepted that the junction may be closer to the mouth of the river with the tidal section of the river tagged with tidal<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tidal>=*.

Given that a lot of OSM is based off townlands I think we should be following the BWO maps, if the coastline is moved then it also affect the townlands.

Dafo