[OSM-talk-ie] Joined-up mapping

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:47:34 UTC 2021

Hi Colm.

On 08/03/2021 10:22, Colm Moore wrote:
> I'm finding a newish user is defacing the map by deliberately disconnecting ways. They are doing their own thing, based on their understanding of the real-world and simply refuse to understand that the map needs to be joined up.

I'd suggest trying to widen the conversation to include other people -
sometimes it helps with communication if another person is able to say
the same thing as you were trying to say but using different words.

If you're not already using changeset discussion comments as opposed to
OSM private messages I'd definitely do that - changeset discussion
comments are public, which has a couple of advantages: other people can
see them, and because they're public everyone tends to be more polite!
If you can post about a changeset (or even just an affected way) then
other local mappers will be able to comment as well and help explain how
OSM works.

As Dave's already mentioned if necessary the DWG can get involved, but
I'd expect that in the first instance the other local mappers would be
better at "helping new mappers learn" than DWG people who probably
aren't familiar with the areas concerned.

Best Regards,

Andy (from the DWG)