[OSM-talk-ie] Logainm on OSM statistics

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:02:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've been doing some intermittent maintenance on these tags over the last few months. Logainm gave me part of their database (I think the full database is available on request) so I could cross-reference with http://stat.latlon.org/ie/latest/

The tags are generally in good condition, the main issues being:
* Some mis-formed tags. Fixed.
* Some objects having either logainm:ref=* or logainm:url=*, not both. Fixed.
* In general,  logainm:ref=* and logainm:url=* match but I haven't checked the whole data set.
* Some objects associated with the reference number of a different object with the same name. The most common one being townlands with the reference number of a civil parish. Fixed where identified.
* Logainm have retired some reference numbers. Most will automatically redirect, but some won't. Notified to Logainm.
* Logainm doesn't have everything, e.g. street names. Notified to Logainm where identified.
* About 60% of Logainm reference numbers aren't associated with an OSM object.

Number of places on Logainm: 126,551 (25 February 2021)

Number of Logainm reference numbers on OSM: 49,669 (1 March 2021)

Number of OSM objects with Logainm reference numbers: 52,671 - some streets, etc. will be made up of multiple OSM objects.

Total townlands on Logainm: 61,119 (split townlands counted as 1)

Total locality=townland on OSM: 65,394 (split townlands counted as 2 or 3, some townlands double mapped as nodes)

On OSM with reference number (On Logainm) Logainm description of object.
45,710 (60,640) Townland
2,378 (2,559) Parish
853 (38,087) Street
330 (345) Barony
242 (469) Townland, Island
32 (32) County
31 (2,305) Population centre
21 (790) Town
19 (810) Island
7 (1,948) Lake or Lakes
7 (608) Bridge
4 (3,466) Electoral district
4 (4) Island, parish
3 (2,653) Minor feature
2 (1,009) River
2 (770) Hill or hills
2 (201) Road
1 (816) Sub-townland
1 (611) Mountain or mountain range
1 (410) Headland
1 (257) Man-made feature
1 (235) Strand
1 (224) Stream
1 (218) Monument
1 (211) Bay
1 (201) Crossroads
1 (200) Enclosure
1 (183) Graveyard, cemetery, burial ground
1 (176) Village
1 (21) No category
1 (2) Townland, monument
1 (1) Townland, crossroads
1 (1) Townland, valley
1 (1) Townland, lake or lakes
1 (1) Townland, ecclesiastical site, monument
1 (1) Townland, graveyard, cemetery, burial ground
1 (1) Townland, mountain or mountain range
1 (1) Townland, strand
1 (1) Feature, street
0 (6,082) Other - large number of descriptions
49,669 (126,551) Total