[OSM-talk-ie] OT Satellite images of same location different years.

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Fri May 14 21:12:05 UTC 2021

Hi Daniel,

Was just in the process of replying to check if it was Google Earth you
were thinking of!

Google Earth now allows you to see how the environment has changed over
time (feature is called Timelapse). The option was also available in the
Pro version of the desktop install. See
https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148094

Not aware of anything equivalent in the OpenStreetMap world (mapillary
might have multiple imagery sets for the area but I wouldn't hold my
breath). Unless the imagery provider provides an option to serve imagery
from different times, none of the OSM tools can help.

Have a good evening!

d.