[OSM-talk-ie] Locations here for 244 Mass Rocks not yet on OSM

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Sat May 22 18:51:21 UTC 2021

Is one of the 244 Mass Rocks on the National Monuments Register near where
you live? We already have permission to use this data if properly
attributed. (See below for suggestion). Now that we can move around a bit
more in the great outdoors (whoopee) would you consider visiting one
closest to you or to where you pass and if you can find it, then ADD it to
OSM.

In case you don’t know where they might be Heikki has kindly prepared for
us, a map with lat/lons and NMR descriptions and other details. Please see
https://gisforthought.com/maps/mass_rocks/index.html

For specific extra tags I suggest source=National Monuments Register,
entity_id=abc1234, class_code=maro and date added to OSM=20210522. Please
respect private landowners.

Other suggestions and caveats welcome.