[Talk-in] Planning work for OpenStreetMaps in Delhi

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Mar 3 07:34:28 GMT 2008

Hi,
  As some of you might be aware, Schuyler Erle, and Mikel Maron
have done a series of workshops in India, introducing OpenStreetMaps,
and the idea of community-based mapping. The workshop in Delhi
was very well received, and I now have offers from various
organisations in Delhi to take part in mapping the city. Several
of us also already have some data, and have started putting this
on OpenStreetMaps already. I would like to ensure a coherent
approach to doing this, and thus would propose a meeting to
coordinate work. If people bring data with them, we can also
upload it directly.

  I would propose that the first meeting coincide with a meeting
of the Indian Linux Users' Group, Delhi, with the hopes of
attracting a larger audience. Thus, a meeting date of Sun., March
16th seems suitable. The venue can either be JNU, or Sarai, in North
Delhi. Please follow up with your views, and I will formally
announce the meeting.

Regards,
Gora