[Talk-in] Time for consensus

Shajeer Mohammed shajeer at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:29:48 BST 2008

I think the National Highways (NH) and National Highway Bypass should be marked  either Trunk or Primary regardless of the number of lanes in them. You can use the lane property to mark how many lanes are there on the road and the reference property can be use to name the highway as NH17 and the name can be used to identify the section of the highway. For example on NH17 the name can be Managalore-Surthkal. I have been tagging NH17, NH47 and NH212 as trunk.

The expressways which are now limited in numbers can be marked a motorway. I am also opposed to the tagging scheme based on road conditions. I am fine with any system that we come up for roads with in a city.

Regards
Shajeer