[Talk-in] Tagging Roads in India

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:27:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:36 PM, srikrishna das
<das.srikrishna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance; how do we get dynamic and fast data for these?

Ultimately, we need to think in that direction. All data integrated
from Govt. offices. All permission for procession from Police or
Administration be reflected immediately in Event Calendar of city as
well as OSM map :-)

> Are we going to come up/agree with a defined way for India or can people choose
> from numerous suggestions on wiki (leading to irregular patterns on map) ?

IMO, base should be treated as base map, and cannot be used to provide
attributes or additional information, for which additional layers /
overlays should be planned.

--
H.S.Rai