[Talk-in] Tagging Roads in India

srikrishna das das.srikrishna at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 11:05:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:18 PM, gaurav chaturvedi <
gaurav.p.chaturvedi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Give data logger to taxi driver, bus driver, auto rickshaw drivers,
> > Postmen, news-paper hawkers, milk-man, and may be beggars :-) No
> > dearth of cheep man power.
>
> *sigh* I only said that, because i am in touch with a group who is
> into touring and there are people in Delhi who are planning to do a
> round trip through out India. But yea sure whatever...

The Bus driver could be a good thing. Imagine having a data logger in
atleast 2 buses (in case one fails) of every route. Since the bus will
travel a specific route in regular (which no auto/taxi/person will do), we
have a chance of getting real time data.

Manually bus driver can indicate a jam or automagically if there is a
mechanism to pick from the speed of bus i.e., if bus speed < 10kmph for more
than 5 minutes then its a jam :)

May be I am talking nonsense :( atleast thinking of the cost involved into
equipment for these kinda weird imaginations :)

--
Srikrishna Das
(krish at irc.freenode.net)