[Talk-in] Routing

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:09:20 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:05:56 +0530
> H.S.Rai <hardeep.rai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just found:
> >
> > http://www.yournavigation.org/ more at
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Routing
> >
> > so, we need make our map, so that can use it for routing / navigation
> purpose.
> [...]
>
> Basic routing algorithms are fairly simple. All it needs is good
> location data. We are working on something a little more interesting,
> which is actual travel times based on a large database of GPS tracks
> of actual routes travelled in Delhi.
>
> As we started on this project before we were aware of OSM, we
> implemented this in Python and Django, but are strongly considering
> moving entirely to OSM.

This sounds like a great project.  Only yesterday someone on the main list
was asking why they should bother uploading tracks for areas that have
already been mapped.  I hope you let them know what you are doing.

There's a large repository of tracks already on the OSM site.  Are you
considering uploading the tracks you have collected?

80n