[Talk-in] Maps vs. map data: drawing the line between public and private

Harshad RJ harshad.rj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:30:10 BST 2009

While SOI maps are no where in the league as digitised sat-imagery or
maps, I did find them useful at times.

I remember going on a trek once, couple of years ago, and we took some
SOI maps along. I didn't, and still don't have a portable GPS unit.
They saved us from getting lost in the Bisle rain forest, and I was
astonished to find that near one of the villages, we actually located
a hand-pump (for water) marked on the map!

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Ajay Shah<ajayshah at mayin.org> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Do see:
>  http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/maps-vs-maps-data-appropriately-drawing.html
>
> and thanks for all the help in building this.
>
> --
> Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
> ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com
> <*(:-? - wizard who doesn't know the answer.

Harshad RJ
WebHome   »   http://hrj.wikidot.com