[Talk-in] foss.in/09 mapping party

Wed Dec 2 04:12:55 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Arindam Ghosh <makghosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are planning to have a mapping party around the NIMHANS campus
> during the post-lunch session, starting from 3pm for 1-1.5 hrs.
> Anybody interested about mapping, about knowing how OpenStreetMap
> works and how do we create maps so to say should join us. We are
> having extra GPS devices that we can share.
>
> We'll be there at the Workout area in the first floor of the NIMHANS
> Convention Center.

I am assuming that you already have a group of people interested in
participating. For the first-timers, it would be nice to point them to
a print-out of what is a good thing to "map" (the general perception
is that points of interest are usually shiny/big things).

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>