[Talk-in] state borders? (was:Default view of OSMI)

PlaneMad thePlaneMad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 06:32:23 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 Dec 2009 11:44:15 am ヴィカス ヤダヴァ (vikas yadav) wrote:
> > indic fonts not rendering?
>
> yes - investigating how to do it
>
> > how to import state borders into osm? how did you guys do it for southern
> > states?
>
> this was from the original AND import - we did not do it

the AND import did not have borders, it was done by converting the
shapefiles of india's borders from the census site. the census data has
shapefiles for each district (which by now have changed quite a bit and are
obselete) what i did was merge the district shapes and get the state
boundary which was quite a tedious process, thats why only tamil nadu and
kerala have boundaries.

im not able to get the census link now, should be there in the archives. we
could also try http://finder.geocommons.com/search?query=india or
--
http://j.mp/ArunGanesh