[Talk-in] latest data on site- attn HS Rai

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Dec 11 01:08:52 GMT 2009

On Friday 11 Dec 2009 5:45:36 am H.S.Rai wrote:
> > yes - propose and then implement. Or implement and propose at the same
> > time - as long as it is tested.
>
> How to test? Does it mean we need to have similar set-up at our end?

yes - you do not need to use mod_tile, but mapnik comes with an utility called
generate_image.py - you can bound it in a small box acceptable to JOSM in the
area you normally work in - save the file as .osm, load it into postgis using
osm2pgsql and generate the image. If the xml file is b0rked, errors will show.
Even if it is not b0rked, the features may not show. But you can be sure that
it wont crash on the server.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves