[Talk-in] ESRI shape file for India's official borders

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Dec 11 06:54:08 GMT 2009

On Friday 11 Dec 2009 12:11:49 pm Shalabh wrote:
> Slightly off topic here but Kenneth's comment reminds me of conforming to
> perceived reality. We claim an area which has not been ours for so long now
> and will probably never be and then think painting it as such on the map
> will change the reality of the area being in 'hostile' control. :)

unfortunately that happens to be the law around here. We are not claiming
anything as anything - we are just putting up the official boundaries of the
country as defined by the country.

> Ofcourse, no reference to OSM or mappers here but just a thought on how we
> are conditioned and brought up to 'make believe'.

I do not think that this applies - I think everyone on this list is conscious
of realities and of the issues involved.

Senior Project Officer