[Talk-in] SoM-I

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Dec 19 04:17:37 GMT 2009

On Saturday 19 Dec 2009 9:40:07 am satyaakam goswami wrote:
> > For venue +1
> >
> > That will be most convenient to me. Date seems with long waiting
> > period, though good for planning and organisation. What about Aug /
> > sept.
>
> Anybody for  NCR ??

the idea behind Ludhiana is that prof Rai will arrange the venue for free  and
volunteers also - and it will popularise OSM in a second tier city - which
should be our aim for all SOTMI conferences. The metros get a million
conferences a year - why one more?

and generally conferences should be planned at least 10 months to a year in
advance so that people can fix their schedules. And august in India is too hot
for a conference.
Senior Project Officer