[Talk-in] Server for map in Indian languages

Vikas Yadav mevikas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:11:28 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 12:56 +0530, PlaneMad wrote:
> ok, that explains the random rendering. so it should be fine on mapnik

Not really. Mapnik is very good for European scripts.
It though has a hindi font, but its rendering it wrongly. You could see
how New Delhi(Hindi) being rendered.
Beyond hindi, matters get worse cause I tried bengali and it never even
showed up.
Tamil could have different results than the north indian scripts.
So back to the wednesday release.