[Talk-in] any one active with OSM in BangaLuru (karnataka)

Pradeep B V pradeepbv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:34:06 BST 2009

Dear Renuka,
There are quite a few active OSMers in and around Bangalore.

Also there are events where you get to meet other mappers and map!

Keep an eye on

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/India/Meets

The next mapping party will happen on 20,21 June 2009 in Hosur in
continuation of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hosur_Mapping_Party_April_2009

Do join in.

Also GPS units are available for mapping. Take a look at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GPS_Units_for_Loan

Some of the OSMers can be found here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Users_in_India
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Users_in_Bangalore
and
the user page on www.openstreetmap.org
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lists the people found near the
place you live and you can contact them.

You can also see some OSMers on the IRC.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contact#IRC
Just give a shout out and there will be many to answer back.

- Pradeep B V
  9449823772

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi all
>
> i am interested to contribute some time for making / improve  OSM within
> karnataka ,
>
> is there somebody in bangalore who can help me using the GPS device ( if u
> have one ) or improve the existing maps , also i am interested to know how
> to map the pics with the GPS data ( i have seen some softwares - but could
> not understand properly, ofcourse i did not spend much time)
>
> i would like to meet next week and let you know the time i can spend on
> this ( if some one is available to give more information )
>
> i can also get one or two more to contribute their time on making OSM
> within karnataka
>
> regards
>
> renuka prasad

Pradeep B V