[Talk-in] server for india

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Mar 9 01:13:17 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 23:54:49 PlaneMad wrote:
> wow, great work Kenneth, it great to have our own map tiles. so how do we
> play with the styling? it will be great if you can setup a wiki where we
> can discuss stuff.

there is the OSM.xml file - all you need to do is modify that. The condition,
of course, should be that extra features can be viewed with our style sheets,
but the default should not be dropped.

Example:
place=talukheadquarters would show on our map but be invisible on the regular
osm.
but place=town and town=talukheadquarters would show on both, something extra
to denoted taluk headquarters would show on ours. I will put these files up in
a subversion repo, and those of you who want can get commit rights and modify
the files as they feel. Detailed instructions will follow.
Associate