[Talk-in] chennai map from Survey of India

PlaneMad thePlaneMad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:29:51 GMT 2009

awesome work with the conversion, we finally have some good boundary data to
work on. i compared the data with the state maps and the pc boundaries dont
seem consistent with the districts as i had initially thought, so it might
need some conditioning before upload. since each state is available as a
seperate file, by combining the sonstituencies, we can get the state border.
using josm, i did the combining and i am uploading the tamil nadu border.

we will certainly need some discussion on how to tag this data.

shajeer, the eci data is under a mit style license
http://eci.nic.in/DevForum/DevForum.asp so i guess its all good.

Developer Forum

Technical Teams at ECI HQ and field offices are doing lot of R&D on various
issues, especially on Indian Name databases in Various Indian Languages,
Fuzzy matching, GIS etc. In public interest, the following material is being
put in Public Domain under MIT Style License.

To learn how to import XML files into traditional databases, please click
here.

In case of any queries/suggestions, please contact webmaster at eci.gov.in

  -- http://www.tinyurl.com/ArunGanesh