[Talk-in] offline maps on you cellphone with mgmaps

Raja Subramanian rajasuperman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:45:42 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I've been searching for an application which can be used for offline
viewing of OSM maps on my Nokia E71, and I just came across Mobile GMaps
www.mgmaps.com.  It's a free J2ME app that can display maps (OSM, Yahoo,
MS Live) on java phones. It also allows you to download maps to your phone
for offline use.  I'm not sure about the legalities of using mgmaps for viewing
or downloading Yahoo and Microsoft maps, but it works great for OSM!

It works nicely on my Nokia E71, and I'm gearing up to test the offline
mode during a road trip this weekend.

Has anyone else given mgmaps a go?

- Raja