[Talk-in] Who else is attending foss.in ?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Nov 23 17:37:24 GMT 2009

Jithesh E J writes:
 > But why is that Kenneth oppose participating in foss.in! Will anybody
 > care to explain?

Some guy called kenneth gonsalves is a bit grumpy about the management
and structure of foss.in.  He does not believe that said management
and structure will help advance open source in India.  My summary of
his position: foss.in is solving the wrong problem and a correct
solution to a wrong problem is itself a wrong solution.

But anyway, other OSMers disagree, so let's not let his grumpiness get
in the way of running a mapping party at FOSS.in.  If you have a GPS
receiver, please bring it.  I will bring five GPS receivers BUT BUT
BUT three of them are only logging receivers, so you WILL need a
digital camera.  Otherwise you will be reduced to writing down
timestamps from your wristwatch.  :-)

And yes, I'm pasty-white.  Not gonna apologize.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog