[Talk-in] Border Disclaimer

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Nov 27 05:00:51 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 Nov 2009 10:24:00 am Srikanth Lakshmanan wrote:
> > "The frontiers depicted on the Indian maps in <s>*Wikipedia*</s> OSM are
> > from a neutral point of view and may differ from official government map
> > of India,<s> *Pakistan and China.*</s> Please consult local laws
> > governing publication of maps before usage."
>
> On a slightly related note, Since the map is editable by anyone and we may
> not have the time to look at OSM data day in and day out, we must put some
> additional disclaimers "about editable map" so disclaimer will be complete
> covering an act of editing by some chinese guy / govt editing OSM to claim
> arunachal pradesh.

hows this:

The frontiers depicted on this map come from the OSM database and differ
 from the official government map of India. We are making efforts to depict
  the official boundaries. Until such time please consult the authorities before
   using those parts of the map which vary from the official boundaries. Users
may
   note that since this map is editably by anyone, at times there will be
inaccuracies
   caused by spammers and other anti-social elements.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves