[Talk-in] Bangalore vs Bengaluru

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Fri Oct 2 20:58:18 BST 2009

OSM's map of Bangalore currently identifies the city as "Bengaluru".
Wikipedia's article on the city is still named "Bangalore". The discussion
page there justifies it on the ground that the city's renaming is not yet
official. All major newspapers in the city continue to identify their
editions as "Bangalore".

Given that, shouldn't OSM also list it as "Bangalore"? Like Wikipedia, OSM
needs NPOV in such matters. If no one has an objection, I will rename the
appropriate nodes. We can switch to "Bengaluru" when it becomes official.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://jace.zaiki.in/