[Talk-in] GPS retailers in Bangalore

Pradeep B V pradeepbv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:13:00 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Guillaume Audirac <
guillaume.audirac at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am also still wondering which model to purchase:
> - a simple data logger: maybe the same Holux M-241 or M-241c (without
> bluetooth), as it is cheap and handy

Without bluetooth has the added advantage of longer battery life. But the
bluetooth one allows you to use it in pairing with a mobile phone and you
can try apps like whereami

- a model allowing to add maps: maybe the Garmin eTrex Legend HCX or the
> Garmin Oregon 300 (but I am a bit reluctant due to the price)

I own a Garmin eTrex Legend HCX and have been happy with it. The advantage
with this model other than the high sensitivity receiver is the extensible
memory by mkeans of a MicroSD card. I have a 2GB MicroSD card on my GPS and
have set the recording interval to 1sec so that I get very detailed tracks
and I would recomment this if you are ok with such a device.

> And do you know where I could find retailers selling GPS device (with maps
> or just data loggers) in Bangalore ?

You can talk to Mr. MR. ELMER PINTO

BANGALORE SURVEY INSTRUMENT CO.
201, GREEN AVENUE APTS.,
77 MOSQUE ROAD, FRAZER TOWN,
BANGALORE - 560 005.

TEL. NO. :- 080-25487052
MOB. NO. :-098440 88477

BTW there is also a GPS for sale for one of the cyclists in Blore.

Garmin eTrex Vista Cx with Bike Mount Adapter, USB Cable, Box, Manual and CD

http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4128

- P