[Talk-in] xlquest server has some new features

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Oct 20 12:32:35 BST 2009

On Tuesday 20 Oct 2009 4:55:09 pm निशांत / Nishant wrote:
> >> Can we setup to show an icon at the lat/long in the url as temproary
> >> marker
> >>
> >> http://xlquest.net/?zoom=15&lat=11.41861&lon=76.66904&layers=B&icon=y
> >
> > sure - but how to do it? I want this as a do-it-yourself server, so
> > anyone who can contribute the code for this feature, please do. I am
> > concentrating on the indic fonts at present.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=15&mlat=11.41861&mlon=76.66904&layers=B&
>icon=y
>
> shows the marker at intended location. I tried replacing 'lat' with
> 'mlat' and 'lon' with 'mlon' on xlquest, but could not get the marker.
> Are we missing anything on xlquest?

yes we are - the javascript code on the server that implements this - I have
been adding javascript code, but it is like a blind man groping in the dark,
as I know zilch about javascript - that is why I am asking for help on this.
Pure fluke that the features I have added are working ;-)
Senior Project Officer