[Talk-in] [OSM-Development]Setting Up of OSM Server

PARVEEN ARORA parveenaroraosm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:01:57 BST 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am installing the OSM Server for punjab..
But i have not installed it yet due to following problem.

Please reply if any body has done the same work...

I have now a only one problem left in installing the osm server.
I have followed the following tutorial in installing the server:

http://weait.com/content/build-your-own-openstreetmap-server

The problem is following :

Load planet into the database with osm2pgsql Your planet file will have a
different date. Use an extract file if your interest is limited to a smaller
portion of the planet. This operation will take 30 hours or longer. It is
very I/O intensive and you can speed it up with very fast disks.
by the following command:

cd ~/bin/osm2pgsql
./osm2pgsql -S default.style --slim -d gis -C 2048
~/planet/planet-100217.osm.bz2

Error is following:
osm2pgsql SVN version 0.69-21719

Using projection SRS 900913 (Spherical Mercator)
Setting up table: planet_osm_point
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_point" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_point_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_line
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_line" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_line_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_polygon
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_polygon" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_polygon_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Setting up table: planet_osm_roads
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_roads" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_roads_tmp" does not exist, skipping
Mid: pgsql, scale=100, cache=2048MB, maxblocks=262145*8192
Setting up table: planet_osm_nodes
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_nodes" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_nodes_pkey" for table "planet_osm_nodes"
Setting up table: planet_osm_ways
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_ways" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_ways_pkey" for table "planet_osm_ways"
Setting up table: planet_osm_rels
NOTICE:  table "planet_osm_rels" does not exist, skipping
"planet_osm_rels_pkey" for table "planet_osm_rels"

Reading in file: /home/oops/planet/india.osm.
bz2
Processing: Node(2720k) Way(0k) Relation(0k)COPY_END for COPY
planet_osm_nodes FROM STDIN;
 failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"planet_osm_nodes_pkey"
CONTEXT:  COPY planet_osm_nodes, line 420565: "245638625    190055831
843698439    \N"

Error occurred, cleaning up

Please help me  how to remove this error:
or suggest me any other way to load planet into database with osm2pgsql

I have also a problem that how to login into a
postgresql with another user than default postgres..

Thanks in advance..
I will be thankful to you..
Please solve my this problem....