[Talk-in] SoM-I

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Mar 15 06:10:36 GMT 2010

On Sunday 14 Mar 2010 1:41:34 pm H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 Feb 2010 5:09:42 pm H.S.Rai wrote:
> >> Now in this month discuss day and days. One day or two day. Should it
> >> be working day or week end?
> >
> > two days - friday and saturday
>
> Got response (views / opinions)  less than expected :-(
>
> Was my expectation unrealistic?

in the open source world, it is very rare for people to respond and volunteer
to plan an event. One has to just go ahead and announce it, date and venue and
start promoting it - then when people realise the event is going to happen,
they wake up. So go ahead, announce venue, dates and put up some page
somewhere for participants to register. I assume your college will allow you
to use their bank account to receive money from sponsors? If you wait to form
an organising committee, nothing will ever happen.
Senior Associate
NRC-FOSS
http://certificate.nrcfoss.au-kbc.org.in